Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 2:
I have purchased the rights to a one man show by Australian playwright Barry Dickins called "The Real Thring" about the Melbourne actor Frank Thring. I am planning to stage it in Melbourne and perhaps do a bit of a regional tour! Is this a ludicrous idea of huge proportions? I have produced a few shows mainly so as I can work, but to act in a ONE MAN show, am I insane? I love the script and have already had a reading of it with Barry, although I must admit that I haven't heard a word from him since the reading! I have done Cabaret shows on my own, and singing scares the absolute hell out of me, so at least I don't have to sing in this one! So as always, my philosophy is we will try and get as far as we can and see what happens. So.......... now all I have to do is research venues, work out a budget and get some finance. Easy huh?????

No comments:

Post a Comment