Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 3.
Why I am starting each blog with a number is because I am giving myself a year. A year to see if I can actually become a FULL-TIME actor, and be able to give up my day job! I have for a very long time been doing guest roles, TV Commercials, and some theatre work (which of course pays next to nothing), so, of course I have had to supplement my actor earnings with other work to be able to pay the mortgage, pay for the kid's ballet lessons, piano lessons, put food on the table, etc etc, you know! But I have never actually had an on-going role on a television show, nor a fantastic role in a film! So.....I am giving myself a year to see if I can't turn this whole thing around and get something on-going. Now, the good news is I have just been cast and filmed a pilot for a TV sitcom for channel 31. If this goes ahead I will have my first on-going role! However, even though this sounds extremely exciting, channel 31 is a community TV station, and the bad news, this is not a paying gig! So, I am hoping something (ANYTHING!!!!) will come from it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment