Saturday, July 31, 2010

Had a great day yesterday (Saturday) was invited to be part of a playreading group that met at the Arts Centre. There were about 5 plays read, I read two, some good, some not so good, but a thoroughly great time was had by all.
Interesting evening!
Had to do a "singing telegram" would you believe!!!! I haven't done one of those for eons!
I was booked for a 70th birthday party, and sang made up words (about the birthday boy) to "Are you Lonesome Tonight", (because he was an Elvis fan). So, I'm looking forward to the feedback......... or maybe not.
Also, I have decided to try and do Frank Thring as a theatre piece after all at the Dog Theatre in Footscray. Apparently, the CEO is a great supporter of theatre and will help you put on your show, so I think it is worth pursuing, well, see how far we can get.
I just feel quite inspired having been part of the playreadings, I feel I'm back in the theatre world....I have woken up after been asleep for too long!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment